Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Giraffe's Eternal Tribulation.


* IDLE* "Courage, teach me to be shy. You taught me everything else I know."

*Mood*: Adventurous :D
*Book*: The Norton Anthology of Poetry {Shorter Fifth Edition}

I wouldn't say that I am really afraid of common things such as snakes or mice. Nope. Just things that make me vulnerable. Like trust, or letting people in. I hate it when my fear shows. Arrogance is completely different from my version of a mask. Someone chooses to be silent in their pain and they are called cocky and selfish. That's kinda the way the world works. That doesn't make it right.

I am not "indie" because I wear plaid shirts and hats every day. I am not considered "emo" because I am not always sad. You wouldn't call somebody "goth" just because they like black. Not fitting a mold to me is the best way to live:  free of labels, free of smothering expectation.

Everybody tends to label themselves at least a little. Yours might not be academic perfection, maybe not even a perfect reputation, but it is still all yours. Nobody could replace the way you laugh, no matter how stupid you think it sounds. Or that might just be me.

My laugh is completely bizarre. My sleeping habits are somewhat zig-zagged... like my Latin grades. I'll eat waffles any time of the day and I ALWAYS sort my skittles and m&m's. I am a thrice convicted chapstick thief and I love other cultures and languages. I seem to spend a lot of my time daydreaming and playing connect-the-freckles on my ninjatastic twin sister before she tries to snap my wrist with her knujmchucks. It also seems that I spent a great and strange amount of time stargazing whenever I get the chance. I think snoring is obnoxious, and I go to the pet store every chance I get. I am pretty sublime and mellow. I have a strange fascination with purple, green, and yellow. 

I'm like a rainbow, mystery flavored popsicle. The not-icky kind.



1 comment:

Skippy said...

I love the last line of your post...so simply deep...its great. Not to sound cliche or anything.